POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : scene scan : Re: scene scan Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: scene scan
From: m1j
Date: 5 Dec 2003 06:10:01
Message: <web.3fd0665c3b9d89ca4e1f4eb10@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff wrote:
>In article <web.3fcdab97a497afb44e1f4eb10[at]news.povray.org>,
> "m1j" <mik### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to scan an entire scene with out having to pass every object
>> to a function? Like "trace" but that does not need an object passed to it.
>
>Render an image of it? I'm not really sure what you're asking. The
>trace() function can't act on the entire scene, because it doesn't exist
>yet.
>

>> Or is there a way to get a list of every object in the scene after persing
>> to evealuate with the current tools?
>
>No. (In what form do you think this list would be?)
>
>Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet>
>http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
>POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
>http://tag.povray.org/

Well the goal was to run a quick low res trace of the scene from the lights
point of view to place point lights on every object with intensities based
on the value found in the trace. I was going for a cheep fake radiosity
method. I was hoping for a simple way of knowing about every object in the
scene. What I will have to do now is union all objects under one identifier
and trace that union.